Bedestan is a 14th century Gothic style church, located to the south of Selimiye Mosque (Ayia Sophia Cathedral). During the Venetian period, it was a church dedicated to St. Nicholas. Later, it was used as a Metropolis by the Orthodox community. In 1573, following the Ottoman conquest, the name of the building was changed to 'Bedestan'. The building underwent many changes in the following years and was periodically used as a textile market, a food market, a flour bazaar, a wheat store and a depot. Following it's recent restoration, today Bedestan is used as a hall for events, concerts and gatherings.